"...a garden is like life:

something is always doing well, something is struggling, something is being born anew, and something is dying."

Edith Reed

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!

Well he saw his shadow and we are supposed to have 6 more weeks of winter....and if it's a winter like we've already had it'll be fine. Started broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, buttercrunch lettuce, spinach and parsley in my aerogarden.
When the seedlings are 3-4 inches high, I will transplant into little newspaper pots that I make with another hand tool called the Potter Factory.
I like the way this pot maker works better than the little wooden one you've probably seen advertised. It give you more options on sizes and allows you to pour the soil into the pot much easier! Check it out at When I am transplanting seedlings from the aerogarden (which is a hydroponic system) into the paper pots, I fill them with seed starting mix. Coming out of the water, they need a soiless mix to begin in.

No comments: