"...a garden is like life:

something is always doing well, something is struggling, something is being born anew, and something is dying."

Edith Reed

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Seeds!

If any of you live near a Menard's their Burpee seeds (including the Organic ones) are 40% plus you get 11% of your total purchase back in an in-store credit. They also have some seeds for 10 cents....I stocked up on Alyssum because it is so good to grow under, around and near many plants. More about companion planting another day. Wanted to share another great idea for an inexpensive seed starting shelf set-up from the Organic Gardening website:
I'm making one of these to increase my seed-starting area, without taking up alot of floor space. I am going to experiment with using the heat cables vs. using some heating mats and also plan to line the shelves with reflective bubble insulation
Which Menard's also has cheaper than what I had already ordered online...it pays to shop around, but sometimes I get impatient. When we get ours set up, I'll post pictures. Meanwhile check out the seed-starting information at Organic Gardening They also have good articles on Seed Starting Simplified Starting Seeds Indoors Transplanting Starting from Seeds Blend Your Own Seed-Starting Mix

No comments: